[Openswan dev] compilation error (uml)

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Jun 29 18:14:51 CEST 2005

| From: Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com>

| On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Ghaith Nasrawi wrote:
|
| > fixed it on my local copy. on Fedora Core 3 $BIND9STATICLIBDIR should
| > be "/usr/lib" instead of "/usr/local/lib"
|
| Since bind9 is now becoming pretty common, I think it's time to change
| that static variable in /usr/lib. Michael?
|
| > I think we need a configure file here.
|
| If anyone wants to write a full configure script for Openswan, we would
| very much welcome that patch :)

If I understand this thread, the problem comes in UML building.
Perhaps the key line is:
testing/utils/douml.sh:96:echo BIND9STATICLIBDIR=/usr/local/bind9 export BIND9STATICLIBDIR >>umlsetup.sh

So this is already a script and could be made slightly more inteligent.

The other definition of this macro is in:
Makefile.inc:265:BIND9STATICLIBDIR?=/usr/local/lib

It does seem sad the these definitions are wired-in in two different
places.

It is expected that the user will edit Makefile.inc, I think.  Perhaps
it could be made self-adjusting by some GNU Make magic.

Beware: the comments just before this make it clear that BIND 9.3 or later is
required.  An earlier BIND 9 won't do.

# set this to a place where you have installed a bind9.3
# snapshot (20021115 or better). A bind 9.2, particularly a RedHat
# installed one in RH 7.2, won't work - you wind up depending upon
# openssl.

fedora-core3 seems to still be stuck with bind-9.2.4 (or bind-9.2.5 if
you apply updates).  So the installed bind is NOT new enough.  Is
there an easy and clean test to put in a config script?