[Openswan dev] Re: [Openswan Users] Wildcards in ID_DER_ASN1_DN (rightid)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Dec 15 22:03:30 CET 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Kevan Benson wrote:

> Sure thing.
> Backtrace of dumpfile follows (wordwrap turned off on my
> MUA to facilitate readability):

wow that corrupted this email pretty badly. Had to extract it :P

> [root at test200 ~]# gdb /usr/sbin/ipsec /tmp/core.3785

> Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

> I take it you want debugging symbols though, and I'm not sure how to enable
> that through the openswan.spec build.

On FC4, there is a openswan-debug package with symbols that you can install.
Another way is to just use rpmbuild -bp and then goto
 /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/openswan-2.x.y/ and make programs install. Then you
can point gdb to /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/openswan-2.x.y/modobj/programs/pluto/pluto

> Dec 15 12:15:06 test200 pluto[3785]: "test100" #2: ASSERTION FAILED at kernel.c:2237: c->kind == CK_PERMANENT || c->kind == CK_INSTANCE

This one might be already fixed in cvs, so hopefully 2.4.5 should not crash
for you anymore.