[Openswan dev] Small problem with printk's in ipsec_alc_aes.c

Rene Mayrhofer rmayr at debian.org
Sun Apr 3 22:40:02 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I noticed a small issue in ipsec_alg_aes.c when compiling KLIPS as a module,
but AES support not (with CONFIG_KLIPS=m and CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_AES=y): upon
no kernel hacker, I can just guess a bit from the code that this is caused
because not priority is set in the printk's in lines 176, 186, 196 and 206.
At least putting KERN_DEBUG in front of the text shuts those messages up on
the console and brings them to the debug log (where the should belong IMHO).

There seems to be some additional printk's without any priority, because when
localhost kernel:
directly at the console (might be one of the printk("\n") that I found by
grepping). I have not yet located the exact line that produces these stray
messages.

with best regards,
Rene