[Openswan dev] Re: New Debian packaging of openswan 2.2.0

Rene Mayrhofer rene.mayrhofer at gibraltar.at
Wed Oct 6 09:50:50 CEST 2004

Michael Richardson wrote:
>     Rene> And I also have a small patch concerning Juanjo's AES patches
>     Rene> - they failed to compile as modules and need some smaller
>     Rene> changes. Also coming today or tomorrows.
>
>   We intentionally didn't set as a goal modular AES (we think everyone
> should have it).
Ok, this seems like a misunderstanding - I am not talking about patching
the kernel tree and then compiling AES as a module, but about compiling
the whole openswan KLIPS out-of-kernel. In that case AES fails to
compile as a module.

>   As to the other algorithms, they may work. We need to setup a better
> method to support additional algorithm modules. This may not be worth
> it, as cryptoapi (1.0, 2.0) is really the better way to go.
True, I was a bit astonished to see another AES module in 2.2.0, as I
expected that it would be fully based on the cryptoapi.

best regards,
Rene