[Openswan dev] 2.1 on RHEL?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Mar 2 13:02:13 CET 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Dax Kelson wrote:

> ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/redhat/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/3ES/en/os/SRPMS/kernel-2.4.21-9.0.1.EL.src.rpm
>
> I'd like to build a rpm of openswan 2.1.0rc1 in "2.6 mode" and install
> it.
>
> Any pointers how to do so? When I run "make rpm" I end up with two RPMs,
> one being the klips code, and the other userland won't install without
> the klips code.

You should be able to force the install without problems. We will fix the
packaging to check for proper ipsec kernel support, and hope that the kernel
somehow Provides: ipsec properly.

Also be aware that currently, setkey is needed for proper ipsec support using
the native 2.6 stack, so you will still need to install ipsectools until some
of the setkey functionality has been integrated into pluto.