[Openswan dev] New/final steps to build KLIPS on 2.6

Ferdinand O. Tempel pw at linuxops.net
Wed Jun 30 00:22:57 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 22:31, Nate Carlson wrote:
> OK, one more revision - with the below, you'll be able to run 'make
> programs' successfully, too. Not sure if the best way is really to move
> all the source into the Linux directory, or just to call it from it's
> current locations - that's up to people who know enough to make that
> decision, though.  :)
>
> Steps to build under 2.6:

While I was working on getting that NAT-T stuff working again, I ran
into the ugliness of the Makefile again. So I hacked on it a bit, and
attached is the result.

This Makefile builds the required library components in place, removing
the requirement to move the files into the module build directory. What
this does when you 'make programs' before or after the build I haven't
looked at (yet). Maybe I'll just force a make clean in all related
directories.

One small caveat: I couldn't get the zlib stuff working, so I left that
out of this Makefile. Zlib is currently a bit messy in openswan as it's
spread out across different directories. There is a bit in
linux/lib/zlib, but also a blurp in linux/include/zlib, and they seem to
be unable to relate to eachother when trying to build from the module
directory, at least using kbuild. If someone sees a way to fix that, I'd
love to see it.

This Makefile works for me, it produces a module which loads and works.

Now back to NAT-T, and when that is done (or when I give up) I'll hack
on integrating a 2.6 KLIPS build into the regular build process.

Enjoy.
--
Regards,

Ferdinand O. Tempel

Your friendly neighborhood linuxops.net administrator.