[Openswan dev] [Fwd: Re: Freeswan in Debian, or: Why I am such a bad maintainer]

Ken Bantoft ken at xelerance.com
Tue Jun 29 01:37:22 CEST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:

> --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
> Ken Bantoft wrote:
> | Yes, send patches here :)
> Ok, I will be doing that - probably next week. It should not interfere
> with the 2.2.0 release schedule since it will most probably only affect
> the debian/dir (I got some French translations for the
> auto-configuration, stuff like that).

Okay, great.  Those can be merged straight in as I get them.

> | 2.2.0dr2 is due when I get home next week, which should have updated
> X.509
> | patch, and already has AES in dr1.  That'll probably be the one you'll
> | want to move too.  I plan a quick dr -> rc -> final schedule of 2 weeks
> | after dr2 is out, so it still 3 weeks away.
> Ah, good - AES in KLIPS (would be nice if cryptoAPI with all supported
> ciphers would also work :) ) is the only real showstopper. I am not sure

CryptoAPI should/will work too - esp. on 2.6, where I *know* it works, as
I use it daily.

> if any of the Debian users currently uses OCSP from the freeswan package.
> I think I might wait until final, it should be ok to leave freeswan in
> the archive for the next 3 weeks and switch then.

Sounds good to me.

--
Ken Bantoft			VP Business Development
ken at xelerance.com		Xelerance Corporation

The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet.
        -- William Gibson