[Openswan dev] Re: [Openswan Users] Hardware encryption support - VIA PadLock?

Ken Bantoft ken at xelerance.com
Wed Jun 23 12:09:32 CEST 2004

 if [ "$CONFIG_IPSEC_ESP" = "y" ]; then
   bool '      3DES encryption algorithm' CONFIG_IPSEC_ENC_3DES
   bool '      AES encryption algorithm' CONFIG_IPSEC_ENC_AES
+  bool '      CryptoAPI Support (Incompatible with AES)' CONFIG_IPSEC_ENC_AES
 fi

I think you mean CONFIG_IPSEC_ENC_CRYPTOAPI, right?

config-all.h merged.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Nate Carlson wrote:
> > Ah, looks good. I'll build and test shortly.
> >
> > Is the 'alg' subdirectory of linux/net/ipsec actually used? As far as I
> > can tell, it's not.
> >
> > Also, should the 'defconfig' still reference all the ALG stuff that
> > isn't supported right now? In a lot of ways, I'd prefer to see Openswan
> > go to pure CryptoAPI support, and just phase out the internal
> > algorithms. (Well, that's from a layman's view, though - there could
> > very well be good technical reasons to keep our the algorithms.)
>
> OK, attached a cosmetic patch that adds the proper stuff to config-all.h
> and Config.in - I'm actually building a Debian package, so I'm using my
> own config-all file, but hey.  :)
>
> Seems to work well for me - well, at least it loads properly; haven't
> actually tested the CryptoAPI support yet. You still do get a conflict
> while building if both AES and CryptoAPI are enabled, though.

> | nate carlson | natecars at natecarlson.com | http://www.natecarlson.com |
> |       depriving some poor village of its idiot since 1981            |

Ken Bantoft			VP Business Development
ken at xelerance.com		Xelerance Corporation
sip://toronto.xelerance.com	http://www.xelerance.com

The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet.
        -- William Gibson

This is an email. It is the electronic equivalent of a POSTCARD. It has been split up into hundreds or thousands packets and blasted throughout the globe. Logged,
scanned, filtered, parsed, grepped and heuristically analyzed by countless computers as well as humans. I wear a shirt that says "I read your email." If you for
one moment think, believe, hold notion, or otherwise have the slightest inclination that anything you send via email is confidential you are an idiot. If you for
one moment think, believe, hold notion, or otherwise have the slightest inclination that anything you send via email is only being read by the intended
reciepients you are an idiot. If you have read this far you are an idiot.

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. Starting now.