[Openswan dev] Re: [Openswan Users] Hardware encryption support - VIA PadLock?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Tue Jun 22 11:15:20 CEST 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Ken Bantoft wrote:
> I merged a 'play nicely' version of this into HEAD a few minutes ago.
>
> If we are told to build with AES, and NOT cryptoAPI, then we run our AES
>
> If we are told to do CryptoAPI, then we try it.

Ah, looks good. I'll build and test shortly.

Is the 'alg' subdirectory of linux/net/ipsec actually used? As far as I
can tell, it's not.

Also, should the 'defconfig' still reference all the ALG stuff that isn't
supported right now? In a lot of ways, I'd prefer to see Openswan go to
pure CryptoAPI support, and just phase out the internal algorithms. (Well,
that's from a layman's view, though - there could very well be good
technical reasons to keep our the algorithms.)