[Openswan dev] XAUTH Fails with SonicWALL VPN

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Thu Jun 10 22:59:26 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 21:39, Adam Kessel wrote:
> Phase 1 authentication with x509 and XAUTH disabled works fine, I get
> "ISAKMP SA established."  If I turn on leftxauthclient=yes, I get stuck
> at phase 1, however.  The log is here:

I should clarify that, with XAUTH disabled, Phase 1 works fine, but at
Phase 2 I just get stuck with "ignoring informational payload, type
NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN."  My sysadmin has informed me that XAUTH is
required, so this is apparently why it gets stuck here.  As you'll see
from my log, when I turn XAUTH, it never gets past Phase 1.
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org