[Openswan dev] [Users] Doubts regarding the PFS options...... (fwd)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jun 3 17:50:07 CEST 2004

This might be worth looking into,

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 06:12:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: raghukrishna hegde <raghukrishna_hegde at yahoo.com>
To: users at mj2.freeswan.org
Subject: [Users] Doubts regarding the PFS options......

Hi,
     Consider this IPSec configuration:

Case 1:
           I will enable PFS in one gateway and disable it on another gateway.
When the tunnel initiation is done from the gateway where PFS is enabled then the tunnel gets established.

Case 2:

When the tunnel initiation is done from the gateway where PFS is disabled then the tunnel does  not get established.

My question is during tunnel establishment, if either of the side takes tunnel establishment initiation , both the gateways have to come to a common parameter and should establishment tunnel.

   But here it seems to fail for the 2nd case.

Please clarify my doubt.

Regards

Raghukrishna.

"Sky is the Limit"