[Openswan dev] IPSECPOLICY flag in Makefile.inc

Herbert Xu herbert at gondor.apana.org.au
Sat Jul 3 08:53:18 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 04:44:31PM -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:

>   (Please recall that I spent 4 years working with KAME before being
> hired onto the FreeS/WAN team.  I worked on the NRL and Sun code that
> the RFCs that KAME was based upon were based upon.)

I apologise if I sounded hostile towards you.  This was not intended.

>   Actually, 26sec and racoon can not do what is proposed.
>
>   You can say, "I want this secure", and you can say "I want to form a
> tunnel with FOO", but you can not specify what the identity of the
> remote system is supposed to be.

You mean the identity of the remote security gateway? No that can't
be specified beyond the IP address as it is.

>   The sockopt interface is pretty limited.

Perhaps.  But the current form can be easily extended since the interface
is based on arbitrary strings parsed by each interface module.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>