[Openswan dev] Out of tree compilation?

Paul Wouters paul at xtdnet.nl
Mon Jan 5 03:41:26 CET 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Axel Thimm wrote:

> I'd like to add openswan to the ATrpms' rpm repo for RHL/FC.

That would be nice, since I'm using those :) :)

> I am examining whether it is possible to use the RH kernel w/o
> rebuilding them, e.g. to build the kernel land parts in a complete OOT
> build. I see the patches are rather minimal:

Once the nat-t code has been successfully ported, we can build an ipsec.o
module that fully works with 2.6/2.4backport kernels.

> I guess some parts really cannot be removed like the af_udp member in
> tcp_opt for instance. So a kernel rebuild seems to be a must.

Don't patch udp.c and sock.h, those patches are the old espinudp code.
Check out the url of the diff I posted earlier to the list. The port has
been done by using Herbert Xu's old port and the RHEL3 backport code.
There are still bugs to be found, but it already compiles.