[Openswan dev] handling of internationalization of bash

Harald Hoyer harald at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 14:54:24 CET 2004

Michael Richardson wrote:

> When integrating openswan into Fedora Core, RH patches the scripts as
> followed:
>

> - -*)     echo "unknown uniqueids value (not yes/no) \`$IPSECuniqueids'"  ;;
> +*)     echo $"unknown"' uniqueids '$"value"' ('$"not"' yes/no) `'$IPSECuniqueid

anyway it is a bad translation example..

echo $"unknown uniqueids value (not yes/no) \`$IPSECuniqueids'"

would have been the correct one... This could be translated correctly then. If
you split the sentence, the translator has no chance to put it together correctly.
I think I have to review what Jason Vas Dias patched here..