[Openswan dev] status of klips26 in HEAD

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Fri Aug 27 09:27:50 CEST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 mcr at xelerance.com wrote:
>   No. Is that the magic that I wanted?
>   I couldn't find a 2.6 version of modutils.
>   That's probably what I need.

Yes; 2.4's insmod is incompatible with 2.6. You need module-init-tools,
from:

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules/

Note that these have a backwards-compatible option where they will call
2.4's insmod if you are running a 2.4 kernel, so you can have both on one
system, and run either 2.4 or 2.6.