[Openswan dev] Xauth broken?

Jiva DeVoe jiva at ixiacom.com
Wed Aug 11 17:46:44 CEST 2004

I read in the latest changelog that xauth was broken in 2.2.0dr2.  Is it
still broken in 2.2.0dr3?  And if so, what's the nature of the breakage?  I
might be willing to contribute some coding if I know what the problem is.

I have tried to set up xauth client/server openswan-to-openswan myself with
this release and not been able to.  I get a complaint of "policy mandates
Extended Authentication (XAUTH) with PSK of initiator (we are responder).
Attribute OAKLEY_AUTHENTICATION_METHOD" in my pluto log on the responder
side.  Wondering if this is the bug, or just my config being pooched?

Anyone know?