[Openswan dev] Re: Openswan NAT-T broken on 2.6.8-rc1 and later (by udp.c changes perhaps)

Robert Hardy rhardy at webcon.ca
Fri Aug 6 03:17:28 CEST 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Then it tries to enable it with IPv6.  There is absolutely no support
> for ESPINUDP over IPv6 in Linux so it fails.
>
> Previous versions of Linux incorrectly reported success in this case.
> In fact, they reported success regardless of the value you pass to it.
> This was fixed recently.
>
> So openswan should be fixed to handle failure in the IPv6 case.  I'll
> see if I can whip a patch.

This would be most excellent. I would appreciate this very much.... If you
get a fix please send me a copy directly.

Out of curiosity do you think it would be enough to disable IPv6 in my
kernel to have this problem go away?

Regards,
Rob

--
Robert Hardy, B.Eng Computer Systems                  C.E.O. Webcon Inc.