[Openswan Users] RHEL6/Openswan tunnel to RHEL5/ipsec.tools

David Brezynski brezy at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 7 16:33:01 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a number of RHEL5 servers running ipsec-tools tunnels (all host-to-host tunnels) and I need to configure a RHEL6 server running OpenSwan with host-to-host tunnels to each of the RHEL5 servers.

I'm using PSK on the RHEL5 servers with config files like this (in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts)

======  ifcfg-host1 ======
DST=NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN
TYPE=IPSEC
ONBOOT=yes
SPI_ESP_IN=256
SPI_AH_IN=257
SPI_ESP_OUT=256
SPI_AH_OUT=257

====== keys-host1 ======
KEY_ESP=ESP-KEY-HERE
KEY_AH=AH-KEY-HERE

Question 1:  Is RHEL5/ipsec-tools to RHEL6/OpenSwan IPSEC host-to-host tunnels with PSK supported?
Question 2:  Can anyone point me to a configuration doc that explains how to do this?

Thanks very much!