[Openswan Users] Remote users (roadwarrior) with multiple CA certs?

Adam Rybak arybak at ar-it.pl
Tue Mar 27 04:20:06 EDT 2012

Hello All,

     i currently have configuration for remote users with roadwarrior
IPSEC/L2TP - all users have certs from my private CA and ewerything works
ok - but my CA is about to expire in the fiture - i want to migrate all
users to new CA and new certs but i cannot do this at one time - i want to
migrate continously - some will have old certs (old CA) and some will use
new certs (new CA). Currently users cannot connect with new ca - i added
new ca to the /etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/ and reread it but in configuration i
have explicite that vpn users vpnt4.crt which was created in old CA
context... it is possible to add separate cert for this new ca?

my config:

config setup
        nat_traversal=yes
        virtual_private=%v4:10.0.0.0/8,%v4:192.168.0.0/16,%v4:172.16.0.0/12
        oe=off
        protostack=mast

conn ROADW-NAT
        rightsubnet=vhost:%priv