[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN server / VPNC client

Bobirnila Teodor teodor.bobirnila at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:37:17 EST 2010

Hello,

I've tried to configure OpenSWAN deployed on Ubuntu 9.10 as a VPN server
that accepts connections from a VPNC (IPsec-based) client (also running on
Linux). The Client (vpnc) can only be configured through the Network
Manager. (it is meant to work for unexperienced users, like Windows users,
that are familiar with network connection wizards). My questions is, after
trying all sorts of configurations for ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets if that
is possible. If it is, can you please provide me a basic configuration for
this network setup (.conf and .secrets)?

I have to mention that I can ONLY use vpnc as Client.

Thank you and have a nice day.