[Openswan Users] IP address assignment through xl2tpd

alet at librelogiciel.com alet at librelogiciel.com
Thu Dec 2 15:26:46 EST 2010

Hi,

Currently my Openswan + xl2tpd gateway assigns IP addresses to clients
in a specific range.

For a particular client, for which I must create some very specific
filtering rules, I'd like xl2tpd to always assign the same IP address.

So I'm planning to reduce the "ip range" in xl2tpd.conf to not include
this particular IP address, but then how do I configure xl2tpd to have a
second lns section which only applies to a particular client, known at
connection time only by a specific PAP username and X.509 certificate
(unfortunately the client IP address will vary) ?

Also if I create a second lns section somehow, should I use a second
and diffrent "local ip" setting in addition to the one set in the "lns
default" section ?

Are there any examples of such configuration ? I've googled a bit but
only find "simple" configurations like mine where all clients are
treated the same.

TIA

Jerome Alet