[Openswan Users] Re-start connection after connection loss

Andrew Schwartz aschwartz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:04:03 EST 2009

Paul,

Do you know if this would this help with my issue?  I'm copying the issue
below:

"I'm having an issue with Openswan 2.4.9 running on Ubuntu 8.04.

I have a site-to-site VPN that periodically goes down and doesn't come back
up.  I need to "kick" it with "ipsec auto --down <connectionname> && ipsec
auto --up <connectionname>" or else it never comes back online.

If anyone has any idea, I'd appreciate it.  Also, if there are any logs that
would be helpful for diagnostics, please let me know.  Unfortunately, I
can't reproduce the problem easily (I just have to wait until it gets in the
stuck state, at which point I unstuck it).  So, if I need to try some
command while the problem is occurring (to produce logs for instance), it
may be a couple of weeks+ before I can send them."

My settings are:

"conn [ConnName]
        left=[LeftIP]
        leftsubnet=[LeftSubnet]