[Openswan Users] XL2TPD/Double NAT issue

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Fri Oct 5 05:57:50 EDT 2007

Gerald Vogt wrote:
> Paul Wouters wrote:
>> Can you try the attached patch by Tuomo?
>
> Does not make a difference. Without NAT on client side it works. With
> NAT on client side it does not. tcpdump still shows the incoming packets
> for port 1701 on interface ipsec0 but nothing goes out nor any logs from
> xl2tpd.

I've compiled xl2tpd with debug symbols and without optimizations and
run it in gdb with "-D". In network.c, function network_thread(), the
select() call returns when the packet is received on ipsec0. The
FD_ISSET(server_socket, &readfds) is true. However, the recvmsg call in
line 430 does return -1 and errno is EAGAIN.

There must be something going very wrong or is this a fragmentation problem?

Gerald