[Openswan Users] Openswan + xl2tpd problem

bigcahuna bigcahuna at o2.pl
Tue Nov 6 15:13:37 EST 2007

Hi.
Sorry for my english :)

I have installed on server Openswan 2.4.6 on kernel 2.6.23
with xl2tpd-1.1.12
I connect with this server from my laptop with Windows XP.
The connection established OK only when I'm connected with my laptop from any network when i'm behind NAT, but when i get public IP from some ISP (e.g hotels) connection fails :(

On the server logs I see that my IPsec connection is ok from behind NAT and from public IP

STATE_QUICK_R2: IPsec SA established {ESP=>0xe44960b4

but in logs xl2tpd I have error when try connect from public ip like that

udp_xmit failed with err=-1:Operation not permitted
udp_xmit failed with err=-1:Operation not permitted
Nov  6 20:40:07 server xl2tpd[17625]: Unable to deliver closing message for tunnel 52530. Destroying anyway.

Can anyone help me with that ?

Best regards
Pablo