[Openswan Users] Using a VPN connection for only certain traffic

baron.openswan at mailnull.com baron.openswan at mailnull.com
Wed Mar 28 18:10:00 EDT 2007

Folks,

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but I had a question about
L2TP over IPSec client configurations. I currently have a working
VPN that's using IPSec and L2TP. My clients are either XP or OSX.

Right now, when a client is connected, all traffic is routed throught that
VPN connection. As you might imagine, things aren't quite as fast since the
server is sitting on a DSL link and more importantly, I only need certain traffic
to pass through that VPN connection to get to my systems.

Is it possible to configure the client (or by some other means) such that only
traffic destined for a certain domain (i.e., mydomain.com) goes through the
VPN tunnel and all other traffic does not use the VPN?

Thanks in advance.