[Openswan Users] openswan Side to Side config

E0x samudhio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 07:48:40 EDT 2007

i just want confirm the config i do following your advice

ipsec --version output :

Linux Openswan U2.1.5/K2.6.9-42.0.3.EL (native) (native)
See `ipsec --copyright' for copyright information.

ipsec.conf :

config setup
        # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
        # klipsdebug=all
        # plutodebug=dns
        interfaces="ipsec0=eth0"
conn tunnelipsec
        type=           tunnel
        authby=         secret
        #RRT
        left=           myip
        leftsubnet=     66.232.119.0/24
        leftnexthop=    %defaultroute
        #SAA
        right=          other_Company_ip
        rightsubnet=    the_same_other_company_Ip
        rightnexthop=   %defaultroute
        esp=            3des-md5-modp1024
        aggrmode=       no
        keyexchange=    ike
        ikelifetime=    24.0m
        keylife=        1.0h
        pfs=            no
        auto=           start

i need confirm the parte of rightsubnet , i asking if i need acces of they
subnet or they just need a vpn encrypt with that server

the i dont know where put the option of keylife and the other, so i assume
is in the right side ( #SSA ) is this OK ?

Thanks

pd: sorry for my bad english