[Openswan Users] FAQ, no connection is known for ...

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Wed Jul 18 20:40:36 EDT 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Roland Roberts wrote:
>
>> Jul 18 16:18:09 tycho pluto[1410]: "rlent"[2] 208.54.65.47 #2: cannot
>> respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for
>> 192.168.3.0/24===216.254.78.84[@gw.astrofoto.org]...208.54.65.47[@aristarchus.rlent.pnet]===10.250.102.177/32
>>
>> Here is the gateway configuration:
>
> You didn't include your config setup part. Does it include 10.0.0.0/8 in virtual_private?
> Does it have nat_traversal enabled?
Sorry, the main config, in its entirety is:

--snip--
# /etc/ipsec.conf - Openswan IPsec configuration file
#
# Manual:     ipsec.conf.5
#
# Please place your own config files in /etc/ipsec.d/ ending in .conf

version 2.0     # conforms to second version of ipsec.conf specification

# basic configuration
config setup
        # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
        # klipsdebug=none
        # plutodebug="control parsing"
        nat_traversal=yes

include /etc/ipsec.d/*.conf
--snip--

I don't know what virtual_private is :-(  I'm reading the
README.NAT-Traversal and still don't understand it.  I've added the line
to my ipsec.conf on the gateway; is that correct?

> Missing: rightsubnet=vhost:%priv,%no
I've added this to the conf on the laptop, is that correct?

I'll try this next time I'm out.  I'm about to go traveling, so I may
have plenty of opportunities....

I'm having some other problems with a different configuration, but I'll
post separately....

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court