[Openswan Users] A one-interface gateway

Antony Gelberg antony at wayforth.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 18:39:06 EST 2007

Hi,

I have an offsite server which is currently firewalled on all ports
apart from a few (smtp, ssh).  I would like to be able to set up
openswan to access X via xdcmp, or possibly VNC (have to investigate
pros and cons of each).

But I have only ever used openswan to route between subnets, and here
there is no subnet to access (is there?).

Is openswan the wrong tool for the job?  If so, what is the right tool?
 I like the idea of openswan, because then all services are available to
me as if the machine is under my desk.  With stunnel etc I can see
things getting messy, especially as I might like to offer other
services, and have multiple users connect.

Antony