[Openswan Users] Newbie Joined Group for help

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Fri Sep 15 12:15:52 EDT 2006

> ipsec verify
> Opportunistic Encryption Support                                [DISABLED]

> is this cause any problem or i can ignore and go further for testing

This is fine, you probably don't need or want it on.

If you want to connect to known computers either static or dynamic ips.
Known, being you have exchanged PSK, public keys or certificates.
Then you don't need this. Personally I turn it off.

Opportunistic Encryption is a method where computers which do not
know of each other and are strangers, may negotiate a secure connection.

Note that this is only a very basic description.

Peter McGill
Software Developer / Network Administrator
Gra Ham Energy Limited