[Openswan Users] Using klips with routing

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Nov 21 17:36:34 CET 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, moses reuben wrote:

> I have another tunnel running over the ipsec tunnel so i want to keep the main routing table as is (ipsec inserts into it
> the rule 0.0.0.0/1 via %defult_gateway dev ipsec0).

It shoulod not cause any problems. Anything routed into an ipsecX device gets
to KLIPS, which will just send the packet further down the routing tables if
there is no IPsec policy for it. If there is a policy for it, then it *should*
get the packet routed into an ipsecX device, otherwise no encryption will
occur.