[Openswan Users] 2 WinXP clients behind the same NAT Linux box

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Nov 17 21:43:11 CET 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Jacco de Leeuw wrote:

> > I?m trying to connect two clients using WinXP-SP2 behind the same NAT Linux
> > box to a VPN server running OpenSwan 2.4 and L2tp 0.69..

That will not work. A design to fix this implemention is underway. If anyone
wishes to contribute to this fix to expediate the coding effort (which is
substantial), please contact us.

> - Replace Openswan with an implementation that supports multiple
>   transport mode clients behind the same NAT router. Stinghorn is
>   one such implementation (http://www.stinghorn.com/opensource/).

That patch breaks everything *but* transport mode. If you do anything
else on a server with the Stinghorn patch, it will break. eg simple
tunnel mode connections.