[Openswan Users] Just two questions

Hugo Mora humoib at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:07:47 CET 2005

Hi all!

I've got two questions about the ipsec connections configuration:

- I've seen in some appliance products (like astaro) that the user can
select: encryption algorithm,  authentication algorithm,  IKE DH Group
(for ISAKMP phase). How can I set these algorithms with Openswan? I
cant see that parameters on ipsec.conf documentation...
I would like to use automatic keying.

- If I create one secondary IP on an interface (with iproute), I can't
create an IPSEC connection with this new IP. The error reported is "We
cannot identify ourselves with either end of this connection". I think
ipsec only see the first address. Why I can do that? Is so strange to
do it?

Thanks a lot for your help!

--Hugo

--