[Openswan Users]

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Mar 11 15:02:12 CET 2005

Foren wrote:

>>> On my Notebook I have installed the Ibm Software that was delivered
>>> by IBM. Now I can't (re)start the ipsec service of microsoft windows
>>> XP SP2.
>>
> I can enable the ipsec service once for two seconds, but then I get an
> 10045 ErrorCode.

 From MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/windows_sockets_error_codes_2.asp

   WSAEOPNOTSUPP 10045

   Operation not supported.
   The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced.
   Usually this occurs when a socket descriptor to a socket that cannot support
   this operation is trying to accept a connection on a datagram socket.

Are you sure this version of the 'IBM software' is compatible with SP2?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl