[Openswan Users] Can I do this with OpenSwan?

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Jun 2 00:28:31 CEST 2005

GoEd wrote:

> My office has a VPN server (Windows 2003 server) that
> uses L2tp as its protocol, and I was wondering If I
> could OpenSwan as a client to this VPN server.
>
> Reading some of the docs, I can see that I can
> configure OpenSwan as a vpn server, but I can't tell
> if it can function as a client to a Windows VPN
> server.

Some information can be found here:
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-l2tp.html#Client

Androef reported on this mailinglist that it works indeed:
http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2005-May/author.html
He still has some problems with Openswan hanging but that may
be due to something else.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl