[Openswan Users] US$25 Bounty: Get NAT-T working with KLIPS on a kernel with 26sec

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Tue Nov 2 11:59:27 CET 2004

Currently, KLIPS will compile and work on 2.4 and 2.6 kernels with 26sec
support, but NAT Traversal won't work because of an incompatibility
between the NAT-T code in KLIPS and the UDP Encaps code in the kernel (as
I understand it, at least. KLIPS's NAT-T code works with the old
udp-encaps patch, and the 26sec stack works great with the UDP Encaps code
in the stock kernel, but KLIPS won't yet work with the UDP Encaps code in
the stock kernel.)  I could really use NAT-T with KLIPS, and am offering a
US$25 bounty (I know it's not much, but it's me offering it personally,
not for business use) to the first person to submit a patch that makes
this work. I don't care if KLIPS's NAT-T code will also work with the old
implementation, but for it to go into the Openswan code, it may matter.
Michael Richardson said this should be a fairly easy patch, but hasn't had
a chance to do it yet.

Of course, this also applies for any member of the Openswan team that gets
it working.  :)

This bounty expires on Nov 10 2004.

Bounty will be paid by PayPal, a purchase of an Amazon Wishlist item, or
anything else that I can easily purchase + have delivered to you with a US
credit card.  :)