[Openswan Users] Problem applying the NAT-T patch

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed May 26 00:56:44 CEST 2004

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Davis Goodman wrote:

>   I'm trying to apply the nat traversal patch on a linux-2.4.21-15.EL
> kernel and I'm getting this error:

> I've tried a couple of redhat's kernel and I get this error with all of them.
>
> Is it something wrong I'm doing.

You should not apply the nat patch on RedHat AS kernels. They already contain
code for this as part of the 2.6 ipsec backport code. In fact, you should probably
not even try to build kernel modules for KLIPS on that tree. Openswan-2 should
detect the backport code and use that.

If building from source, just run 'make programs install'