[Openswan Users] Backing out the 2.6ipsec code from the RHELv3 kernel

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Sat Jan 3 13:14:34 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 13:01, Dax Kelson wrote:
> Since Openswan v2.1 is done yet I need to run Openswan v1.0.1 on RHELv3
> using the RHELv3 kernel.
>
> I did a bit of testing and the 2.6-ipsec backport needs to be removed
> before using Openswan v1.0.0.

Actually the only part that needs backing out is the ESP-over-UDP
changes to net/ipv4/udp.c. The rest of the 2.6ipsec code can stay, but
just not be compiled.

Attached is the extracted patch that adds ESP-over-UDP to udp.c. Notice
that it also adds HW checksumming for UDP and sendfile() on UDP.

I've also attached the shipped 2.4.21-4.0.1.EL net/ipv4/udp.c.

What I need is modified patch with the ESP-over-UDP bits removed from
the patch while leaving the HW checksumming and sendfile() support.

The I should be able to rebuild a kernel-2.4.21-4.0.1.EL.src.rpm (here's
hoping that the rest of the patches apply OK) that can be used as base
to roll in Openswan v1.0.0 and produce a new kernel.src.rpm ala Tuomo
Soini.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dax Kelson