[Openswan Users] Examples for config in Windows Roadwarrier setup

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Sat Aug 7 02:25:53 CEST 2004

Eric Anderson wrote:

  > ------------    ----------    ------------
> | Internal |    | VPN    |    | Business |
> | Network  |----| Server |----| DSL      |
> ------------    ----------    ------------
>                                  Internet
> -----------    ------------    -----------------
> |Remote   |----| Optional |----| Remote Client |
> |Client   |    | NAT Box  |    | ISP           |
> |(Windows)|    ------------    -----------------
> -----------
>
> In this example say we would have the following IP addresses:
>
> VPN Server
> ----------
> Internal Network IP: A.B.C.D
> Internal Network Gateway: A.B.C.E
> Internet (External) IP: M.N.O.P
> Internet Gateway IP: M.N.O.Q
>

> Remote Client
> -------------
> Internal IP: R.S.T.U
> Internal Network Gateway: R.S.T.V
> Internet (External) IP: X.Y.Z.W
> Internet Gateway IP: X.Y.Z.Q

In addition to Nate's suggestions, the l2tpd.conf would have to start with
something like this:

[global]
; listen-addr = A.B.C.D

[lns default]
ip range = A.B.C.F.-A.B.C.K
local ip = A.B.C.L

I heartily recommend the listen-addr parameter for extra security. It does
require some extra iptables wizardry, however.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl