[Openswan dev] patch for bug 1067

David McCullough David_Mccullough at securecomputing.com
Mon Oct 26 20:28:06 EDT 2009

Jivin D. Hugh Redelmeier lays it down ...
> | From: David McCullough <David_Mccullough at securecomputing.com>
>
> | This is a pretty crazy "linux".  Not sure I would invest too much into
> | supporting such misfeatures myself.
>
> +1
>
> I especially like it that it has a popen but it never works
> (apparently).
>
> | A better solution may be to add a "sysdep" dir to libopenswan where strange
> | OS's can hide this junk :-)
>
> +1
>
> Don't screw up the mainline source to support a screwed up implementations.
>
> How do you suggest these fudges be configured in / configured out?
> Perhaps manually, by the victim (by which I mean the person building
> for that oddball system).

Probably just a setting in Makefile.inc.local:

	SYSDEP_POPEN = true

Might also help with the BSD/Windows ports to have something like this,  not
sure.

> | Attached is a LGPL popen implementation that could be used if you wanted to go
> | that route (it even works on uClinux without an MMU).
>
> Looks OK to me.  But this stuff is tricky so there could be bugs.

This is straight from the uClinux-dist sources which I know pretty well.
I chose that because I cannot think of a linux target that it will not work
on.  Unless there is a linux target without a properly working stdio
implementation :-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--