[Openswan dev] OpenSwan 2.6.10-1 on OpenWrt 7.09 consistently hangs on large HTTP file transfer

starlight at binnacle.cx starlight at binnacle.cx
Thu Dec 6 02:29:32 EST 2007

It blew up right on schedule.  When the IKE SA rekey operation
completed, the session was unstable and disappeared after a few
seconds.  The strange VLAN related error showed up again, which
I belive is an indicator of garbage packets.  Tried pinging the
path to the transmitting server and it did come back up though.

Ran a quick test with a short keylife= value and the file
transfer motored happily through about three rekey events.

Tomorrow I'll start the transfer from scratch with keylife=7200
configured and see how it goes.  With a two hour rekey interval
the byte count won't even reach 0x7FFFFFFF.

It will be nice if this succeeds--an effective workaround
will be a great relief.